The National CEO Index is a measurement of CEO commitment to diversity and inclusion among Fortune 1000 and multinational companies with subsidiaries in the U.S. The index rates CEOs on their commitment to diversity in the boardroom and senior executive leadership as well as overall best practices in support of inclusion.
The index is introduced by the Birmingham Initiative. While recognizing CEO commitment to diversity, the vision of the Birmingham Initiative is to bring national attention to exclusionary corporate practices and hold leaders accountable for the lack of boardroom and senior executive diversity.
- The survey will be web-based and available for submission in 4Q 2014. A link to the survey will be sent to chief executive officers or heads of Human Resources.
- Ratings will be announced during 1Q 2015.
- Survey questions will focus on board, senior management and other company demographics as well as diversity best practices in major business areas.
- The index rating will be based on a number of the survey questions, which participating companies will be required to answer. Additional questions to gather information about best practices will also be included.
- Birmingham Initiative staff will analyze submitted data and generate a report card for each participating company.
- For companies that do not submit a survey, the CEO rating will be given based on available information.
Criteria for Participation
- Fortune 1000 and multinational companies with subsidiaries in the U.S. are invited to participate.
- No fees are associated with participation in the National CEO Index or with the report card.
- CEOs will be rated on a scale of 0 to 100.
- The Birmingham Initiative will communicate the findings to all survey participants.
- CEO ratings will be submitted to national media.
For more information on the CEO Index, please contact David Vanek at [email protected].